Skip to main content

Reply to "Poor Velocity from Poor Lay Back in Late Cocking?"

Chris,

Really appreciate the post...good content, and detailed. I am using a couple of your other eccentric drills to work on the decelerating muscles...really like those as well.  

I have wondered why some otherwise healthy / strong pitchers have great layback of the arm at MER, while others do not.  As you sated assuming there are no deficiencies, it would make sense that there may be some "body protection" mode that is taking over.

I like your rebounder drills, but just had a few questions to better understand / utilize.  The primary benefit on both of the rebounder drills you show in the video is the "rebound" portion, correct?  I am assuming the throwing portion is just to create the force coming back (rebound), and that there is minimal or negligible gain from the forward throw into the rebounder.

Also, I wasn't clear as to what a goal should be from reps / sets, and how often?

I was at a conference this past weekend in Nashville, and had a chance to hear Kyle (Driveline) speak, and spent an hour or so with him socially afterwards.  He is doing some interesting "stuff" that seems to be having some very good results.