Skip to main content

Reply to "POP Time, 1.88 good?"

jdb posted:

JABMK:  "Velocity is a MUST or you don't get the opportunity to C at any level higher than HS." That's a fairly Nebulous statement.  So just to be clear, exactly what velocity gets a player past HS.  I was addressing 2FORU's assertion that you need to be near 90 to get there.  Based on PG's showcase reports, that simply isn't true.  Even low 70 velocities found D1 spots.  When you look at D2,D3, NAIA, and JUCO; the numbers are sure to go lower.  So... exactly what velocity are we talking about. 

Um...where did 2FORU assert that a catcher needs to be near 90mph? He indicated velocity is the main driver to opportunity. I mostly agree with that, as I pointed out, as did others.

Back to the OP: I happen to like a little bit of in-game footage, especially for receiving but, obviously, getting good shots of THAT can be tough if not impossible. For throw-downs the video should highlight form and mechanics and also the results of the throw, probably separately since getting it all in one shot might do a disservice to both.

Last edited by Batty67