Skip to main content

Reply to "Pop Time & Velo"

Rob,

I know that all movies and standard TV is broadcast at 24fps (its actually 23.9something to be exact). I would be curious for you to test your tv out. Next time you see a football or basketball game on tv (there is a running clock on the screen) would you mind testing that. I'd be curious if you can press the frame advance button 60 times before :01 is taken off the game clock. Maybe you can, it will be interesting to see?

Coach May,

There is certainly a give and take...I'm going to play the player that gives me the best chance to win. USUALLY, that is the better defensive catcher. I'm also a fan of having more than one full time catcher so that one catcher doesn't catch every game of the season. An ideal playing time split would probably be 60/40 or 70/30. If you catch one player all year long he is going to be physically exhausted by the end of the season and not as productive during the postseason.

But, yes, I am going to generally give the nod the best defensive catcher...as long as he is not atrocious offensively!