Skip to main content

Reply to "POP TIME HELP NEEDED"

Buckeye 2015 posted:

Again, the footwork isn't bad....but the video overall is of absolutely no use to you....though the camera angle from there is much better than from behind 2nd.  Throwing to a net just doesn't work....you just can't get an idea of where the throws really are.   I wouldn't bother doing another one until you can have a player at 2nd catching your throws.  Heck, have your little sister or brother stand off to the side 5-10 feet away and throw to you...and let the kid in the video (looks like he can play )  be your second baseman.   Also find someway to edit them....you don't need that many..... you only need 6-8 good ones at most....and there is no reason to show one that went 5' right of 2nd base.

One thing I do notice is on every ball that comes at you in the strike zone, your glove drops an inch or two....comes around almost in an "under" type of movement if that makes sense?....... and then comes back up to meet your throwing hand.  Work on keeping it where you caught it....stand and bring your throwing hand to the mitt.  There is just so much less movement and time involved that way.    You'll be amazed at how much quicker your release is.  Keep working....good luck

Thanks for the glove movement tip, will work on it. As for the helping of the video shooting, I will try to get help. Hard to have people that will help you when they want to do other things. Where do you suggest that I have the camera at? I have it set up on a tripod and can't have anyone hold it.