Skip to main content

Reply to "Labrum injury – bad timing"

My 2019 LHP is also in a similar situation.   He had a posterior internal impingement in his throwing shoulder last fall.   He had the MRI w/ arthrogram, had steriod injection, did PT, etc.....    Nothing remarkable on MRI.. no tears.  We even had his biomechanics analyzed by a pro.       Long story short he missed most of his Junior year HS season due to setbacks during his return to throwing program.  It was a much SLOWER process than we anticipated.  He played OF a little toward the end of his junior year.    However as he tried to return to the mound for this summer, he ended up with more shoulder pain and was dx'd w/ bicep tendonitis.    Ortho shut him down again to let it cool off.   He is currently doing PT 2x per week and started 8 week return to throwing program again.   Returning to the mound will take longer as Ortho & PT want to ramp up his mound throwing much slower.    I understand why.  But it is so frustrating!!!    He is a rising senior afterall.   UGH!    We planned to do Headfirst in August, but I am not sure he will be outfield ready by then.     We are hoping he will be ready to play in the fall and are planning accordingly.   He is an academic kid as well. 

Tequila, your post was helpful for those of us going through a similar issue so thank-you for posting.