Skip to main content

Reply to "Labrum injury – bad timing"

tequila posted:

Latest update - the follow-up MRI Arthrogram came back showing a labral tear in addition to still present bursal fraying, etc. Since he hasn't been throwing until recently, I have to believe this was missed on the first MRI either by the reading or the scan itself. A shame for the time lost trying to rehab it but it does no good to cry over spilled milk.

The boy is not ready to be done with baseball so we elected the surgical route, which is scheduled for next Wednesday. After that, the road to recovery begins and hopefully a snowball's chance at a recruiting miracle in the spring. Thanks again to everyone here who has been so supportive of my son's situation. Regardless of the outcome, this has by far been the best tool we've found in the journey.

My son has this same injury in his non throwing arm.  He was originally diagnosed back in Dec '17.  We opted for PT & therapy to get him through the season and the summer showcase circuit.  After about 4.5 months, he was back to playing and swinging with almost no ill effects.  He does have some minor issues and still cannot do certain activities like pull ups or any over head weight activity.

We are scheduled for an appointment TODAY to discuss surgery with the doc.  We want him all healed up and 100% ready to go for college.  This may mean he will miss his Sr. year in HS, but at this point he is only concerned about being 100% ready for college ball.