Skip to main content

Reply to "Labrum injury – bad timing"

Smitty28 posted:

I would advise my son to apply to all the schools that have expressed interest (it sounds like this is 3 or 4), plus some additional schools he'd have interest in attending.  I'm assuming these are D3s which would still have roster flexibility.  I don't think there's anything he can do baseball-wise between now and the end of December (most application deadlines) so the focus is on getting into schools he'd like to attend.  Once he gets accepted and you've sorted the financial side, he's got till May 1 to make a decision, and he can use this time to engage coaches and get stronger interest via spring baseball.

Thanks Smitty! That's plain and simple and essentially the path he's on. Right now there are two D3s, a D2, and an NAIA that have expressed ongoing interest. The D2 wants him to come up and work out in December but realistically it will probably be January before he's able to do that. They've seen him before and evidently they've got a spot for a catcher in his class (no money but with the opportunity to work into it). One of the D3s (his top choice) might not work out financially but if a roster spot offer is forthcoming, all indications are that it will be within the next few weeks. That will be a difficult decision if that happens without a FA package in our hands. Thanks again for the response!