Skip to main content

Reply to "Labrum injury – bad timing"

For those following, here is my son’s update five months post-op:

1. Swinging a bat at full speed with no pain.
  2. 5th week of throwing program and cleared to proceed to completion as scheduled.
  3. Cleared for plyo ball work, etc.
  4. PT continuing with emphasis on sleeper & posterior capsule stretches.
  5. Cleared for overhead weight training.
  6. Cleared for running at 100%.

Key takeaways at this point are to adhere to the prescribed rehab plan to a T and don't rush anything. My son's goal is the be ready for the first game of the season, which is on 2/25. However, this is not a critical milestone by any means. If he's ready by the first conference game, or mid-season, we're completely fine with that too. I'm very pleased with how he's handled the entire process and could not be more proud of the kid.

On the recruiting front, accepted to 100% of schools applied. First choice has been eliminated due to cost, next two on the list are both expressing "commitment" on the baseball side. #3 has arrived at a number that we can afford, with the financial aid jury still out on #2 (now #1 on the list).

FWIW, I'm always open to specific questions anyone might have about this process in case you're going through something similar. I'm trying to keep these updates as short and relevant as possible so as to not to take up more space in the digital sphere than necessary. Thanks for everyone's continued support.

¡Salud!