Skip to main content

Reply to "Possible list on Interviews....."

quote:
Originally posted by TRhit:
Bizazz

How big is a core group?---Can that Core gorup change things?

I dunno. I know that Mike Hamilton at least pays attention to what the constituency says. There were some that felt his predecessor at AD didn't always do that. A number of the talking points that have been bantered about during the criticism of Delmonico's tenure, and the subsequent coaching search, were mentioned by Hamilton and Raleigh at the press conference today: Stronger recruiting in-state, hard work, better consistency in the program, to name a few.

I think part of the problem was that this particular name came out of the blue. Nobody was mentioning Todd. When major names like Murphy and Maloney were being mentioned (not to mention the current national media darling, Serrano), it gave the community a false impression of where things were going.

I'm all for giving Todd the opportunity. A lot of folks will come around, they just have to get over the initial reaction first. There's also a significant constituency that was still supporting Delmonico. The athletic department still has some work to do in soothing hurt feelings.