Skip to main content

Reply to "Post Grad/JC/ or Small D1"

jucojucojucojucojucojucojucojucojuco!!!!

Seriously- its hard for me to recommend anything else right now.  My 2020 has been on a D1, Juco, and now a D2 campus and he wishes he would've went JUCO from the beginning.  4 year rosters are clogged up at every level.  Exactly one freshman will play at all on his D2 this year (and my kid thinks he made a major mistake coming there instead of Juco).  None of the freshman when he was at his D1 played at all.  JUCO's are great developmentally and you are going up against mostly freshman and sophomores with all of the weird Covid 3rd year (and sometimes 4th year) stuff being cleared out by the time he'll be there.  I have a 7th grader and if he plays college baseball, he fully plans on doing Juco. I think the exception would be a) a draftable prospect that actually can play at a D1 early or b) a low-end prospect that is going to a D3/NAIA program that is much lower key. I can think of a few kids around here that went to those kind of places out of high school and its worked out for them and they are playing.

Quality JUCO's are also crowded.