Reply to "Post Graduate Baseball programs"

I'll agree with pretty much everything that was said above.  FYI, MKS, we are in California too.  My guy was a 13 year old high school freshman and two years younger than his peers.

If we could do it over, we'd take one of two paths for that son:  1) a post graduate program at an academically oriented high school, e.g., a boarding, prep school; or 2) a gap year with some college classes, work to make $, volunteering, church as a family, etc. 

Should the student be a rising Senior now, then in both cases above, the student-athlete would be a "Class of 2021" instead of 2020 if he takes the PG or gap route.  College coaches simply need to know which year a student-athlete will be.  It's not a negative to take a PG or gap year. 

As others have noted above, there are fantastic high schools that offer a PG year.  The baseball varies as it does at high schools everywhere.  Everything else varies too:  costs, weather, academics, # of boarding vs. day students, college counseling, etc.  I am happy to share my thoughts on any school as we visited many...too many but that's another story.

Boarding schools can be expensive, so an alternate route is a gap year somewhere.  Doing this gap year at home allows for courses at a local college (though not too many courses so that NCAA eligibility is affected), dinners at home, worship services as a family, a job to make money, volunteering, training for baseball or other sports, etc.

Our experience at IMG was negative.  I've posted a number of times about this.  My son played D1 baseball, but he didn't need to go to IMG to do that.  The paths above would've worked just fine IMHO.

Good luck!