Skip to main content

Reply to "Post graduate year at Exeter"

Does anyone have experience with their son taking a PG year at Exeter or a similar school and then getting recruited at an IVY of high academic D3? If so, please PM or post. Thoughts on this as an option right now?

Based on your profile your son is a Senior now.   I can't tell if the goal is to use baseball as a way to get into an elite college with sub 10% admissions?  Based on your posts you have a high academic achieving son who wants to play in college however  I assume he's applied to all of these schools currently for admission.  If he gets into an Ivy or his preferred NESCAC would he just go to be a student and try to walk on?  I have to think that answer is 100% yes.   

If he doesn't get in this year then TwoBoys summary above is a really good one.  A PG to improve admission odds through baseball doesn't really work due to baseball being a spring sport, although he would have a shot this summer to prove he belongs on a HA D3.  If the PG is needed to help him get admitted academically to an Ivy or a HA and that's the goal then do the PG.  That is my opinion.   

There is a kid in town here who was not a great student, did a PG year to improve his academic profile, and was recruited to Michigan as a WR.  He needed the PG for academics but Football was in the fall and helped him recruiting wise too.

Last edited by Gunner Mack Jr.