Skip to main content

Reply to "Posted article from Eric Cressey removed on showcases"

Backstop22 posted:

"I was up at sons school for a few weeks. On Mondays the HC and assistant coaches took off to HS games. At any given time the recruiter was off somewhere watching a player. So the theory that they don't have time in season is not necessarily the case for the big programs who drive the machine."

Interesting, at least what I can tell from the Southern California schedules, most of the leagues have their league games on Tuesday and then either Thursday/Friday.  I guess kids at those schools are at a disadvantage if the schools they are interested in watch the Monday games.  And of course that only applies to coaches at schools in the area.  If you have an interest in going to a university out of your region, then you either need to travel a lot of go to an area showcase where there are coaches from all over the country.

I think it's monday and thursday. NCAA does not allow monday games when school is in session. So that makes sense. 

I know when coaches travel they will go see recruits they may have heard about. The life of a recruiter is pretty intetesting.