Skip to main content

Reply to "Posted article from Eric Cressey removed on showcases"

roothog66 posted:

Well, June is crazy as he'll do the PG Nationals in Fort Meyers and then fly to Phoenix for the Underclass Area Code Tryouts. Other than that, he has one tournament the first week of June an one in Fayetteville, AR the last month. July will be two PG tourneys - the WWBA 17u and The 16u World Series. The team has nothing scheduled in August. That month has been saved for individual school camps. I am hopeful he won't need to go to one. He actually hopes to have decided by then. September has two local tournaments. If there is some need, we might do Jupiter in October. I've sort of come to the realization that if you can't get it done with that schedule, adding four more showcases in there isn't going to help. Then he can start gearing up for high school in early February with some off season work in between.  

Forgot one. Our state final four is the weekend of May 28. Hopefully, we'll be playing. If not, he's signed up for the PG Rocky Mountain Showcase. There's no money lost there, so it would be a good warm up for the Jr. Nationals.

Thanks Root and best of luck to him with both the HS state chase and the recruiting trail!  Hope you don't mind, I'm going to take some of your timeframe combined with one of your previous posts to make a point to the younger crowd.