Skip to main content

Reply to "Posted article from Eric Cressey removed on showcases"

TPM posted:

I guess I am not so stupid after all.

I think you are helping us bring up the point some of us are making. One does not need to do all this stuff. It becomes overwhelming. It can become too much for the pitcher. Hitters can showcase every weekend, they only get better with more at bats. Pitchers are using up the bullets, I know some don't believe that, I do. Stay as healthy as you can for as long as you can.

As far as CaCo last post, I agree. I am going to say that more than likely our southeast location turns out a lot of great players, but many injuries as well. Was it happening when my son was in HS, yes but to a much lessor degree than you hear about today. I don't know of any HS player son played with in his graduatino class who wanted to go to college who didn't make it because of injury.  That year there were lots of 90+ pitchers from here. Some were drafted and still playing mlb. All have had TJS or labrum issues. But guess what, they made it. 

That's the whole point isn't it?  And telling us you take your son to the chiropractor before he pitches even proves to me that in your mind you fear injury.  

If you were doing all the right things why would you?

I would like to start a poll about to get a consensus.