Reply to "Postgraduate Year or Gap Year for Ivy League Recruiting (2019 Grad)"

CTbballDad posted:

You grades are amazing, congratulations!  Your baseball measurables are also very strong.

Before you consider a PG year, are you sure you're no longer being considered as a 2019?  As the bright kid you are, I would first take a leap and call these Ivy coaches and see if you can get some insight, a campus visit, etc.

Sorry I didn't address your question, I just wouldn't assume the 2019 door is closed until you exhaust all options.

BTW, the PG I know we're neither good enough academically nor athletically, so they bought themselves another year.  I know you pass one test, it's the latter you need some confirmation with. 

Thank you very much for your kind words! I have worked very hard for the past couple of years in the classroom and in the weigh room to improve my athleticism.

Essentially, I've talked the most with Columbia and Princeton as they both came to a couple of my summer ball games. Columbia coach pretty much told me a few days ago that they had committed their eighth 2019 and were done recruiting. I didn't talk as much with Princeton, but ~2 weeks ago the Princeton coach told me they were still looking for a catcher and an "impact bat". Checked Perfect Game a couple days ago and they just committed an OF and a C so I'm guessing their done too. I was also initially interested in Harvard, but I performed really poorly at their camp so I kind of just gave up (which I regret in hindsight).