Skip to main content

Reply to "Power Hungry Umps"

quote:
Originally posted by cchs07:
Okay i was a freshman assistant coach cuz i am currently 20 and it's my first year of coaching. Second of all they made me varsity pitching coach this summer and thirdly i am going to pitch in college this year. I'm not some idiot who holds batting gloves. The whole year i didn't argue at all until this happened and i never argued after. When are umpires going to realize to just show up and call the game its not about them its about the kids. The umpires that called our games liked me, we would chit chat before innings and during the game...i am not some arrogant coach who looks to get tossed and pick a fight. Sorry i'm not perfect like all of you guys. And Piaa_ump who the heck do you think you are...chill out and dont lecture me and talk down to me like that.

Sir, you don't seem to understand, the only coach, BY RULE, who may hold an umpire accountable for his calls is the HEAD COACH.

Whether a D-1 game, HS Varsity, or, in your case, HS frosh, an assistant is well advised to keep his vocabulary to "back, back!" and "take a look."

I do not repond to assistant coaches, in part because of the rules and in part to keep them in the game. I will explain anything the head coaches desires.

If you do your job as an assistant coach, you will never be ejected.