Skip to main content

Reply to "Power of baseball and the ACT"

Originally Posted by PIS:

In a word, no.

My advice is to wait until you have a baseline of how he does on his ACT's & SAT's before you start even dreaming of the Ivy Leagues.  Unless of course there is a library with your name on it somewhere.  That might change things.

If I had a dollar for every parent this year that thought their kid was headed to the Ivy's.  Several Ivy League coaches have told me they need between 2000 - 2100.  So, while others like Fenway have a lot more details on Academic Index, etc some quick math will tell me if I'm not pushing a 1,350 2 Part Sat which equals a 30 ACT, then I'm probably not a strong candidate.  

There are lots of High Academic kids out there with 1200-1300 SAT's... And then there is Elite Academics.  They are a mile apart.

Hope your boy crushes it when he takes it.  But to answer your question, ACT of 20, probably not pitching in the Ivy's.  

But then again, if he's a LHP in the mid 80's he'll have other options.

Rich

www.PlayInSchool.com

Gotcha. Thanks. I didnt know if the Ivy coaches had the same flexiblity with their baseball players as say the Vandys. I know for a fact that there are baseball players there that did not come close to scoring in the 30s. 

Last edited by Dirk