Skip to main content

Reply to "Practice Schedules"

quote:
Originally posted by TCB1:
Coach B25, no offense, but I can't imagine practicing for 4 hours a day. I have a hard time believing that the last hour or so of practice would be that productive.

Also, how do the players keep up with their homework if they are at practice for 4 hours? Not trying to be too critical, but I still think they are STUDENT-Athletes and therefore need to have baseball come second to their schoolwork.

We know that what we do is not for everyone. However, even when we are done, it isn't uncommon for kids to ask for more. As far as productive, I understand your argument. Naturally, I believe we are productive or I wouldn't be doing it. I think that with any program, the kids have to buy into what you are selling. We are a small Class AA team of 1,300 kids. We play a schedule where many of the schools are 1,800 or more and upto 2,500. We promote work ethic as our means of bypassing these larger schools. Again the kids buy into it.

With regards to academics, a Baseball Player has been awarded our school's "Student Athlete Award" each of my years here. The majority of our players last year on the varsity were on the honor roll. Two of our players Kevin Hoef and Luke Leder tied for Valedictorian. Again, I do understand your concerns.
Last edited by CoachB25