Skip to main content

Reply to "Pre-reads and offers"

Luckycat,

In my experience and people I know on this board you are not going to see much direct recruiting competition between HA D1s (Ivys & Patriot) and HA D3s (NESCAC).   HA D1 are going to be mostly done (verbal commitments) by mid to late summer.   Again, these Ivy & Patriot schools were competing with D1 scholarship NLI signings.   HA D3s will pick up some of the previous HA D1 recruits plus others they had on their board.  The D3 HA timetable is mostly starting right now until Oct 1 or when Early Decision applications need to be in.   It was somewhat typical for my son to meet a HA recruiter in person or over the phone, and he'd ask about grades and SAT scores.   My son would tell him and hand/email him a very brief outline with grades, SAT scores, high school coaches contact info and travel coaches name and contact info.   This typically led to a pre-read and my son would ask questions about their engineering program.     So, this is one of the skills my son learned...when you give something to the coaches try to get information in return!

Good luck!