Skip to main content

Reply to "Pre-reads and offers"

LuckyCat posted:
fenwaysouth posted:

HA D1 are going to be mostly done (verbal commitments) by mid to late summer.  

Thanks fenwaysouth.  I'm probably being a little dense, but do you mean mid to late summer of a player's rising Junior year?

I guess what I'm asking is, for my 2021 son, is the HA D1 recruiting going on right now and this coming fall?  I'm not talking Vanderbilt and Stanford.  We already know of at least one 2021 in our area who has committed to one of these two schools and have no illusions that those schools would be interested in my son.  I'm thinking more along the lines of, say, Davidson, William & Mary, Georgetown, or University of Richmond, just to name a few we have on our "dream schools" list. 

LuckyCat,

Yes, possibly.  I was referring to Ivy and Patriot league schools.   Two of the VA schools you've mentioned recruited and offered my son as a rising senior.  One is private and one is public.  The public school was at the tail end of their recruiting calendar when they finally offered my son in late June.  The private school was in the beginning to middle stages of their recruiting calendar and they offered in mid July.   This was a few years ago, and their recruiting coaches were not really good at their jobs...   There is a new regime at each school and I believe their staffs are more aggressive and recruiting rising juniors from a larger geographic pool.

Please PM me if you want to discuss details.