Skip to main content

Reply to "Pre-reads and offers"

LuckyCat posted:
fenwaysouth posted:

HA D1 are going to be mostly done (verbal commitments) by mid to late summer.  

Thanks fenwaysouth.  I'm probably being a little dense, but do you mean mid to late summer of a player's rising Junior year?

I guess what I'm asking is, for my 2021 son, is the HA D1 recruiting going on right now and this coming fall?  I'm not talking Vanderbilt and Stanford.  We already know of at least one 2021 in our area who has committed to one of these two schools and have no illusions that those schools would be interested in my son.  I'm thinking more along the lines of, say, Davidson, William & Mary, Georgetown, or University of Richmond, just to name a few we have on our "dream schools" list. 

Yes, they are recruiting 2021s now -- just by way of example, my son did a UV between sophomore and junior years at one of the schools listed (not the school he ended up at) after an AC watched four of his games -- and I know 2021s have already committed to Ivies (e.g., there are 3 commits for Penn in the 2021 class listed on PG), but I think it's fair to say those schools and other HA D1s won't be done with 2021s for another 12 or so months.

Last edited by 2019Dad