Skip to main content

Reply to "Pre Season DI collegiate rankings..."

u guys are so negative!

The only thing I think stinks is the uniform start date, but mark my words, that won't last long.

My son plays many many weeks with 5 games. yes that means 5 pitching starters, so if you are a pitcher, chances are there will be a spot waiting for you.

Yes that means more games per week, but aren't you sending your kids to school to PLAY. I think it means more will go play college ball. Yes, it does mean better time scheduling, and I can tell you from personal experience most of our players do better in class because of it. It means fatigue, but being tired because you are out on the field more than up partying at night. No procrastinating anymore, no putting off tomorrow what you can do today. School work has to be done asap. It also means better use of yur time during the fall, harder classes and more credits taken.

Mine has been playing a grueling schedule for two years and maintains an above 3.0 GPA. No he doesn't have the hardest major, but that was part of his decision. I am not sure if he was an engineering major it would work, but those are the things that have to be considered when making final decisions on where to go and where to play.
Last edited by TPM