Skip to main content

Reply to "Predict your team’s finish"

The Sox will have 74-78 wins. If all goes right (too much that can go wrong) they max at 82 wins.

When Corey Kluber is your ace you’re in trouble. He underperformed the Rays season last year. His record and ERA wasn’t as good as the team. In the paper there was a headline, “Two time Cy Young winner to start opening day for Sox.” Talk about blowing smoke up the fan’s yazoos!

Sale has done nothing since 2018. Pivetta blows out after the all star break. Whitlock and Bello are unproven as starters. They’re also starting the season on IR. A minor leaguer (Crawford)  will be in the season opening rotation. The fifth starter, Houck has a 9.73 spring ERA.

The Sox don’t have a MLB starting catcher. They’re two middle infielders are career journeymen coming off injures.

Given Casas and Bello haven’t proven themselves yet the only players guaranteed to be on the Sox in 2025 are Devers, Yoshida, Story and Whitlock. It’s hard to feel connected to players who won’t be around.

I won’t pay to watch this joke. I used to go at least once a month. I’m only going Opening Day because a friend rented a catered suite. At least I’ll eat well.

He also gets a suite on the Fourth. We chip in to have a couple of kids squat all day at the Half Shell so we have a good location for the concert and fireworks.

These will be my only two games. I expect the Sox to be 10-12 back by the Fourth.

Last edited by RJM