Skip to main content

Reply to "Premier Power Five Coaches Unveil ‘New College Baseball Model’"

@Pedaldad posted:

I do not disagree on the disparity between number one and number 300 at all.  But I think the disparity in talent falls more along an "northern program vs southern program" than it does "mid-major vs P5".   

……………………………….

……………………………...

Again, I think there is a dichotomy, I just think it is more north vs south.  Most likely because kids from the south get more reps growing up.

Well it certainly helps your argument that all P5 east coast baseball focused schools are in the South or warm weather.   I'm not buying the north vs south argument.   I'm buying the P5 vs D1 Mid-Major argument as I've seen the talent depth differences between the two.   There have been plenty of successful northern college baseball teams in the last 10+ years that have played at the highest levels.  Those teams were chalk full of northern kids.

What I have witnessed is a lot of talented northern kids being recruited or coming to the south, southeast or mid-atlantic to play P5 college baseball.    They come for the weather, college opportunity, infrastructure, program success, and baseball pipeline to the next level.  I can't speak to the West coast differences.

JMO.