Skip to main content

Reply to "Prep Baseball Report"

sweaty.....

Don't forget to wear that jesters hat that you wear when it's cold out!!!!

FastballDad.....

If 'soxnole' can stick his two cents in, can I stick my 1-1/2 cents in???? All right, so they don't have 1/2 cents!! How about one cent??????

-Editorial-

Way too much credit is given to the pollsters and not enough to the players. And even then, everything is subject to interpretation, i.e., who keeps the stats in the dugout, who is politically connected, who does the most kissing-up, etc., etc. You get the picture. I have come to know many of you from this website, and have to say that some of your sons are terrific players, some are above average, some are average, some are not quite average, and some are just flatout terrible. My son is included in there somewhere.

The problem I see is that even if a kid is going to play DI, DII, DIII, NJCAA, NAIA, wherever, are they going to play or sit. How long will they play, one year, two years, four years, will they get drafted? Go back a year, two, four, and tell me where some of the players are playing that guys like BeenthereIL know, or FastballDad know, and so on. There was a webster on these boards that was a fixture here, that sent his son all over the country to showcases and college camps. His son isn't playing anymore. Or what about the star pitcher from a state championship team who went DI, and is now playing at a JUCO. Or, the all-stater from three years ago who isn't playing anymore.

Everyone gets caught-up in this "my son isn't ranked correctly" or "he should be playing here", or "he should be going there". BS guys!!! Too much emphasis is put on rating and rankings. The coaches and scouts know what they want, or they think they do. They have quotas and budgets just like you do in business. They all tell you what you want to hear.

Just be glad they are going to college. PERIOD!!! I didn't go, but am I glad my son is!!!!!

Boomer