Skip to main content

Reply to "Prepster's Pitcher"

I followed Roberts career in HS like I do all the top players in NC HS baseball. When he chose UNC I was very happy because I knew then I would get the chance to see him pitch. I have taken advantage of that opportunity many times over the last four years. And a few of those times I have stood right there next to his dad and cheered him on and just talked baseball. Its easy to see why Rob is so sucessfull at what he loves to do. He is one of the most focused players I have ever seen. And he is one of the best team mates a kid could ever have. In the game against UVA a ball was misplayed in the outfield and an unearned run was scored. Before Robert threw another pitch he made sure that he made eye contact with the outfielder and told him dont worry about it. The kid is just first class and so is the dad. Robert can run it up there folks when he wants to. Make no mistake about that the kid can bring it anytime he wants to. But Robert pitches. He is more concerned with getting guys out and helping his team win than impressing someone with a gun reading. There is no one in college baseball any better than Robert on the mound. His numbers prove it. And it couldnt happen to a better more deserving young man.