Skip to main content

Reply to "Princeton vs Alabama"

RJM posted:
Smitty28 posted:

I wonder how it came down to those two schools.  Good enough for Alabama, but Stanford, Notre Dame, Vanderbilt or Duke are not in the mix?  Surely Princeton is cream of the crop academically but there are a few schools such as the above that are also top tier but with much stronger football.  I wonder if he realized there are too many educational compromises to be made as an athlete even at a top tier P5 school.

It didn’t come down to these two schools. He chose Princeton over several PAC 12 schools and some other Power 5’s. His brother is the QB at ASU. Alabama was a late suitor. They came calling after he had already made the Princeton decision. I’m betting Alabama pursued him after other preferred QB recruits committed elsewhere. If I’m the kid I’m thinking I’m nothing but long shot QB insurance at Alabama.

What happened is the kid doesn’t have stars in his eyes. He experienced the BS in his recruiting process. He saw wanat his brother went through playing big time college football. He’s mature enough to look at life after football. If he doesn’t flunk out of Princeton (unlikely) he’s set for life with the network he’s entering. Anyone want to bet against he’s working on Wall Steet in five years.

^^^This.