Skip to main content

Reply to "Privileged & Honored..."

Kimb27,

I've seen this happen a few times over the years.  A kid commits, signs his NLI but doesn't get admitted.    In all cases that I'm familiar with, the recruit did not live up to their required academic standing as "prescribed" by the coaching staff.   You've stated that he's a smart kid and a really good pitcher.   I don't doubt that.  But I also think there is more to the story here.   I've personally known a lot of ACC players who would have never got into a few of these schools if they were not recruited athletes.  Either they or their parents have told me as much.    Bottom line is that any recruit  (anywhere)  has to realize they've been hand selected by the coaches to attend their school.   Making a coach look bad to Admissions is not the place a recruit wants to be...ever.   Making the coach look good is where you want to be...always.   Commitment time is the time to show you belong at the next level, and that you can handle your academic responsibilities.   This is why college coaches micromanage freshmen players until they prove they can do the work.

I'm glad your son's friend found a place before all this pandemic craziness.

Good luck!

Last edited by fenwaysouth