Skip to main content

Reply to "Pro Scouts Vs College Scouts"

JH:

Very nice input, Thanks a bunch.

I'll check some film and verify some times.  Certainly stopwatch human error can easilly be up to 0.25 sec, but i was lucky enough to tape a bunch in HD and can actually get some really accurate times reviewing on tape.  The HTF was done at HS as a Softmore, and they were consistently getting 3.92, which seemed a little unbelievable to me, but he does exit the box very quickly because he has a very short quick swing.  I spent a few dollars on a trainer for a couple months this spring to work him out because my expertise and time avaialabe had run out.  They timed him in 10 and 20 yards per my request and got 1.6 in 10 yards  with best of 1.48, and 2.7 in 20 yards with best of 2.52.  His strength is short burst, his 60 is not that impressive, but he can steal you blind if you are not careful.  Very disruptive to pitchers

As for the school search, I agree we have a standard package and have only sent out about 20, but 3 responded personally with custom written emails and about 7 others sent cookie cutter standard form emails to come to camp.  So...I guess if we sent out a bunch more, the numbers game could produce some more favorable results.

On another note my son just called me 30 min ago and said he recieved a e-mail from a coach who saw his profile online and liked his video footage and they offered to bring him out on a paid visit if he is interested.  Pretty cool and exciting for him, and a start to hopefully opening up some options.  Niot his school of choice, but at least getting some interest and options!  Interesting timing