Skip to main content

Reply to "Projectable vs. Work Ethic"

@adbono posted:

I get it that you are bitter about the way your son’s career ended. Although I don’t understand why. I would be proud if I were in your shoes. But all that is beside the point. Your above response to Bob’s post is uncalled for and out of line. And besides that you are wrong. People that make decisions that impact players lives do care about the things Bob talks about. Your post is a big swing and miss. It’s embarrassing to read.

Not bitter. I understood the kids limitations. Nothing but proud of what he accomplished. Just understand the meritocracy and cold hard facts confronting players these days.

My son was taken under the wings, so to speak, by a scout that Bob knows very well. He did everything for my son that he could. And for that I will ever appreciate him. But as soon as it was sure that the kid would go no further he cut off all contact and would not respond to any messages.

It is what it is.

At some level your kid is nothing more than a piece of meat, I don't care how much heart he shows. If you want to believe anything more than that so be it.

Last edited by SomeBaseballDad