Skip to main content

Reply to "Prospect Camps: Money or Recruiting?"

MTBaseball,
This whole thing is very simple and at the same time is very complicated. Understand that it is a business if they charge a fee --- and most do. Let me give you the simple part of this scenario first. Most parents should “buy” a certain amount of exposure for their sons as a guarantee that his talent can be evaluated in order for college coaches to “offer” him a spot on their college roster. The complicated aspect of it is that most that market “exposure” do it for money just like every other business and deny vehemently that they do so. However, we don’t necessarily have to determine what motivates the promoters to have an “exposure business” to determine whether it is good for our sons. Instead we should look at it from a selfish standpoint and evaluate it based on what your son receives for the money you spent. Remember this is a business decision on your part just like it is on the promoter’s part unless you get $300 worth of pleasure watching your son throw 20 pitches, hit 20 baseballs and run the 60. I don’t succumb to advertising and people “hawking” products. I receive flyers in the mail where businesses are trying to sell me a product. I get a lot from Ford Motor Company. I have two Ford products simply because I needed two vehicles they fit my needs and I felt as if I was getting my money’s worth when I bought them. Just because Ford was having a “sale” and they “selected” me to participate in their sale did not factor into my decision to purchase. The same should go for showcases and prospect camps.

If you can find the time read the “spoof” by our own Bama Bomber on his showcase.
Here’s a link to:
Bubba's Baseball Bashers Bonanza
Southern Recruiting & Showcase Service

Link