Skip to main content

Reply to "Proving an old coach wrong!!!"

Originally Posted by FlyEmirates7:
Originally Posted by 2020dad:
Originally Posted by FlyEmirates7:

Originally Posted by 2020dad:
I have been following this for a while.  The one thing that keeps coming back to me is why local juco bullpen if you are throwing 85-86 consistently?  I read that as cruising there so maybe topping out at 87?  88?  That's well beyond local juco velocity unless you just happen to live near one of the big time jucos.  Is this velo a recent gain?  Are there serious control issues?  Or a lack of a second and third pitch?   This has just been bothering me.

I'm sorry if it bothers you but this is rather irrelevant. Yes I'm playing for a juco, and this is Arizona, where juco talent is the upper echelon of most jucos in the country. I do not feel I need to justify my baseball endeavors in this particular post, as it is irrelevant to the initial post. I came here to seek advice, and I am seeing that perhaps just letting it go, forgiving, and moving on is simply the best policy. But thanks for your input.

so I ask you a question and I get a rather terse response.  You really do need to control your emotions.  As a legendary college coach always said "a pitcher shows no emotion".  I tell my son that always.  You are very easily rattled.  You need to work on that.  Good luck.

Why is where I play, velocity, role, etc. even relevant in this case? That's just my question. Why do you assume that I have no control or secondary pitches, when you don't even know who I am? Why are these questions even being asked? I love how you're saying I'm getting rattled. 

Fly, I think you need to take a step back and look at this.  While 2020 asked a question that does not really have much bearing on the discussion he may have been asking to point out something based on your response.   

Based on your response I have to agree, you have a lot of growing to do in this area.  If you are letting this question and response bother you it says a lot about how you deal with your anger.  Allowing your emotions get the better of you will not serve you well in the long run.  Either in baseball or in life.  Your young yet, but learning how to keep your emotions in check, throttle down your ego and take the high road will serve you much better then jumping all over someone and seeking out revenge.