Skip to main content

Reply to "Proving an old coach wrong!!!"

Hi guys,

Just an update on this. Well first off I'd like to say that there was no confrontation, no fights, and the coach didn't say one thing about me, at least to my knowledge. I didnt ask, I didn't care.

However, today when I was pitching, I did let the past and his presence get to me today. I threw 2 innings, the first one was money as I went in the game in the 5th. 7 pitches, was throwing gas, 1-2-3 inning. When I went back out for the 6th, I really let the game get away from me. I was really thinking way too hard about proving that man wrong, and that inning was literally, an abortion. Walked guys, got hit around, etc. Ended up giving up 6. 

Anyways, yeah, you guys are right that I do need to learn to not let the past get to me, which it did today. I am rather annoyed with myself, that today, he was right about me. Everything he said was right about me, at least for today. I'm rather annoyed with myself that I work very, very hard and today I just didn't have it today. I'm sad that I gave him the satisfaction today that he was right about me all along.

Anyways, time to move on. I won't be seeing him for a while as we don't play them again, and his son goes to school out of state. Thanks for the advice guys. Hope I can get a short memory and be prepared to throw again this weekend. Plenty of more opportunities ahead and this is not the end goal. But I guess I should probably change the title of this post to proving an old coach right, LOL.

I apologize to 2020Dad for getting feisty.

Last edited by FlyEmirates7