Skip to main content

Reply to "Puig"

So Hanley Ramirez and his .257 average in a third of a season's worth of AB's is why Puig is batting .340 with power? Gee, I thought Puig's talent had something to do with it! 

I think Cano's problems have more to do with no longer playing in that lefthanded batters HR paradise that Yankee Stadium is than what "protection" he gets. He is in a large park and and he was probably not quite the power hitter it seemed. His non power stats are very close to what he was before so the lack of protection protection stand up. He just can't reach the fences in his home park with any consistency. I know someone will bring up the HR Derby that he won but that was batting practice and they say Ichiro is a real slugger in BP and look what he does in games.

Hanley's walk percentage has not gone up appreciably and is way down from his years in Florida so if he is being pitched around it doesn't show in the stats. Part of the problem might be trying to live up to a contract that is way above his talent level.