Skip to main content

Reply to "Push-off with the back leg???"

powertoallfields, sounds like you're very close to what I teach. The exception then is that I think that the hips etc. follow the middle or core. I see how you can say what you want you hitter to feel after going out and doing it with the bucket. I'd suggest that you accomplish what you want. Still, and this is just my opinion, that same result might be gained from associating one knee "chasing" another. Please don't get me wrong on your drill. I do see very postitive things from it and would suggest that if you could find the right size buckets, it'd be great for all ages.

I'd ask you here if you've ever tried the playground ball? It is more of a presure on the ball with the knees and then, at some point, naturally, the ball will drop. I don't do this with them holding a bat to make sure that they are working on that issue. I guess you might deduce that in our hitting sessions, we break things dow a lot. I am guilty of overcoaching and I know it. I've tried to do better. Bluedog, are we similar or far apart on this. Also, I know you have some great stuff on this concept. Any you like OR potential pitfalls from these ideas?
Last edited by CoachB25