Skip to main content

Reply to "Quakes Pre-summer Showcase"

LousyLefty posted:

Aren't the coaches paid to be at most of these showcases?  I thought they were paid to be at Headfirst/Showball, etc? I'm not advocating for this particular "showcase". Just saying collecting a paycheck is normal.

The bigger question I finding myself asking is WHICH coach is showing up?  I was at USA baseball JO's last year and TWO coaches at a school my son would LOVE to attend (so I noticed the logos on their polos right away) were watching their game.  (one left fairly quickly to watch another game) Rarely have I seen two from the same school so I pulled up their coaches roster (with pictures)  it was the pitching coach and recruiting coordinator.  Great news for my kiddo.  Then I remembered a big showcase was happening in another state at this exact same time, if these guys were here, who was there? Yep, a bunch of parents paid a bunch of money and this school sent their operations guy.  I'm sure he knows way more about baseball than I do.  But I'm guessing he had very little actual recruiting clout. I would be quite disappointed if I had that school on our list of reasons why we had chosen that camp. But what do I know, I'm just a baseball mom trying not to mess up her own kid's recruiting journey...