Skip to main content

Reply to "Quakes Pre-summer Showcase"

anotherparent posted:

Today, PG lists 6 commits for Penn in the 2021 class.  If your son has Ivy talents, send an email now with info, videos, and summer schedule.  If they are interested, an Ivy will send coaches to watch you play in top tournaments in the summer (WWBA, Music City, Grand Park, etc.).  D3s not so much, unless it's local to the school; but, they go to the HA showcases, so pick a showcase (or two), especially if you are not on a team that is playing where the coaches will be.  But for sure you can over-think it.  My son went to Headfirst because it was highly recommended here (and rightly), but also because it was one of the easiest/cheapest to get to for us.

Our experience was that the level of the coach who saw you had something to do with generating interest, but my son also got recruited from being seen by assistant coaches who told their bosses.  Headfirst sends video to participating schools; a couple of head coaches told son they recruited him based on that video plus what their AC said.  Sometimes HCs show up to showcases anonymously - son talked to one at Headfirst, the AC on the roster was also there.  Plus, all the coaches are talking to each other all summer.

Can I ask where your son ended up? Did he attend Headfirst in NY or California?