Skip to main content

Reply to "Quality of NCAA education"

* If they are going to throw stats around it is only fair to use all the teams that offer scholarships when posting a graduation rate, not the top 117 schools. The failure to graduate number would drop significantly if all schools were included.

* What percentage of overall non-athletic kids that enroll as a freshman graduate. I don't have the numbers, but I know a significant percentage drop out for one reason or another and do not get degrees.

* Many of those 54% would not have had the opportunity due to their families economic climate to go to school without the scholarship opportunity. Are they individually or us as a society not better off that they at least made an effort and are more gifted as a result?

* What % of those that did not get their degrees finish up later in life?

* They say 2% go on to have a pro career, I say less than 2% of all doctors are employed at John Hopkins or the Mayao Clinic.

* It sounds like USA Today wants to purify sports with only those of accepted intelligence, and eliminate the ones they don't feel qualify. Leave it to the media to jump on and off the bandwagon. Come game day they are the first in line to interveiw and praise the players they now want to exclude.