Skip to main content

Reply to "Question about Bat Speed (Tee Exit Velocity)"

okay, so I brought home an older police radar today and we measured some tee exit speed.  Took me a while to get the distance set up correctly, the radar was not wanting to pick up the ball if It wasn't traveling an ample amount in the air.  Once I was able to figure it out we tried three bats, aluminum 5150 bbcor, Composite LS Attack bbcor and wood.  The 5150 and Attack were pretty consistent at 78-81, hitting 83 a few times.  The wood was pretty consistent at 81-83 hitting 84 several times.  Now I just need to figure if the radar was accurate.  Will be taking it to my oldest's game this weekend and comparing it to the teams gun while they are charting pitchers.

Learned a cpl of things.

1) I was assuming that the non-wood bats would register slightly higher, but happy that the BBCOR concept was working well.

2) Righthooks swing looks pretty good and he is progressing nicely.  He was not content with only reaching 84, so I like that even more!

I will try and get some pitched ball exit speeds if I can verify the accuracy of this gun.

Gotta love time spent with the kids!!!!!   Had to cut the experiment short....wife was yelling at me to get dinner ready....LOL