Skip to main content

Reply to "Question about High School Tryouts"

quote:
Originally posted by theEH:
YHF, Don't be so sensitive about a post.
EH

I don't let too much bother me here on hsbbw. I assume a certain amount of stupidity exists on all such sites. But TPM has a history of condescending comments because she believes she knows so much more than other people on here. I know quite a bit about hitting instruction and when I read something curious, I ask questions to better understand. I don't presume to know more than the other poster because I don't know who he or she is. Once I get some dialog going I will have a better understanding of that person's experience and perhaps I can provide some suggestions that might be helpful, or (importantly) I might learn something. TPM has no problem providing advice/suggestions/conclusions that she doesn't have a clue about other than what she's read or been told by others.

See, when you assume things about other posters it comes across pretty poorly huh LOL. Maybe I'm wrong about TPM. Maybe she has charted pitches. Maybe she has taught her son how to set up batters. Maybe she coached and had to make roster decisions.

Well let's just settle the current discussion....after insulting me, here is TPM's conclusion about my son's tryouts....

"Your son was in 8th grade he wasn't ready"

I will ask you TPM, what qualifies you to say he wasn't ready?

You obviously don't know any of the participants. You don't know the coaches. You don't know any of the players. You didn't observe any of the tryouts. You don't know the coaches' roster needss etc. etc. etc. So you must have a lot of experience with tryouts and making roster decisions. Well let's hear it. How are you qualified to speak at all about the results of our local tryouts?
Last edited by YHF