Skip to main content

Reply to "Question about PGCrosschecker.com ratings"

Let me just say this to prove my point. I hold many camps during the year. Most are free. Thats right free to anyone that wants to attend. I do this to see players , work with players and allow some guys to teach because thats a great way to learn as well. And just because I love being at the park and teaching the game. Sometimes I charge but its always a minimal fee and it goes towards paying my former players that are working the camps etc.

You want to know who shows up at these events? The top guys around. The better players on their hs teams. The last one day camp I held we had 65 players attend. They came from all over the state of NC , some from SC and VA. There was not one player that was not a very good hs player. Every kid that showed up was very solid. Some were absolute studs. Now why is this? The answer is obvious when you have been around the game as long as I have. These guys are the players they are becuase they cant wait for something like this. There is nothing they would rather do that go get some baseball. They take advantage of every opportunity they can to get better and work at the game and to enjoy the game and to be around other players.

Just coach a team from your community ONE year. The kids that want the extra bp most of the time are your better hitters. The kids that want more ground balls are usually your better fielders. The kids that love the game the most and want to work at the game the most are usually your better players. I wonder why?

There I go again PG. Sorry.