Skip to main content

Reply to "Question about PGCrosschecker.com ratings"

quote:
Originally posted by mike.black66:
Are you trying to say that a 6.5 (possible DI prospect) is not a high ranking??? Do people here realize the difficulty of playing DI baseball? You assumed a 6.5 to be an insult, which in reality is a heck of a compliment

Yes, I'm saying a 6.5 is not a high ranking. And no, I am not assuming it to be an insult. Like I said, my own son got a 6.5 and I was not "insulted".

PG is grading players not just on present ability but on projection. All but a few of their showcases are for Juniors and lower, with most of them (I believe) to be for sophomores. So let's take a sophomore who gets a 6.5. This says he has the potential to go D1. A lot of high school players have the potential to go D1 if they work at their game! A lot don't but I've been to a lot of showcases and I don't see them there. Either they weren't invited or don't have the skill or desire to go to the next level.

So this 6.5 kid is "insulted", mopes around, plays video games instead of working on his game and his potential is squandered.

Or he can work his butt off and get a 9.5. Wink