Skip to main content

Reply to "Question for Midwest Prospects, PG and others of the same:"

Thank you for the info. The reason for the post is due to one of those duhhhhhhhhhh moments we have in the middle of the night. You see, my son attended his first camp yesterday at a local college. They did an evaluation and to be honest I don't know the results of that and won't for a week or two. I couldn't tell you what the times were for any of the players or the radar speeds. But last night I was thinking about this experience at the college and this site and all the showcase questions and I just thought wow, with all the info. complied at these showcases I have never seen stats compiled by age/grade....... Wonder if anyone else ever thought about this?? Also, wouldn't it be nice to tap into those that do this on a regular basis and see if there is an average instead of this is what it would take, this is what they look for.

Again one of those duh moments in the middle of the night, wouldn't this be interesting to know? And maybe some of this information on averages would be used during those conversations at the camps/clinics/showcases/games when we are all sitting around talking about a certain player and how hard/fast they throw or how fast/slow they run and then someone could interject with "yea he may throw xyz but you know the average for that age really is about......."

Hence the question. I am just a person that fills their head with a lot of numbers and sometimes useless trivia.

There are always those on the top end of the spectrum and those in the bottom, I am just wondering what is average amongst those that seek out baseball as a chosen sport.