Skip to main content

Reply to "Question: How many young men that go to a PG showcase are a ""10"?"

I have probably posted this a million times - and my admiration for Jerry and PG couldnt be any higher.

My eldest son went to a PG event in Florida when he was about 16 - his ranking put him about a level above a badminton player.

Now - he is a professional baseball player - drafted in the 16th round. And had a decent rookie year last year.

When he saw his ranking - he said to me "Dad - they think I suck" I know I dont suck".
My response was - "Oh really - then prove it."

That was 6 years ago - and the boy was right.

PG's ranking burned a hole in his brain. I think it gave him that little extra something to push him. And all along the whole trip - all Jerry and PG did was offer their help and advice. At the time I didnt even know Jerry - spoke to him - exchanged a few emails. But never even met him.

Bottom line - PG is first class - and it is because they have followed their leader, Jerry Ford. IMO

I could be the first one to talk about how they were wrong. But they arent wrong very often - and they helped my son get his act together - and make use of his potential - whether they knew it at the time or not. IMO.
Last edited by itsinthegame