Skip to main content

Reply to "Questioning how fast to be small D1 pitcher"

PitchingFan posted:

Some of ya'll aren't reading the whole posts.  ADBONO, I said low D1 teams not good D1 teams.  So don't take what I said out of context. 

Catspop.  I also did not talk about UNC Charlotte's starting weekend pitchers.  I referred to their weekday guys after the starter.  The whole thread is about their mid-week guys.  We just say on here all the time that you have to be throwing 90 to be D1 but that is not true.  I have seen 20 low D1 pitchers in mid-week games this year live or on video in the first two weeks and have only seen a couple touch 90 so we may not be putting it out there in truth.  You can make a team without throwing gas.

AGAIN.  I am not talking top D1's or even the best that Mid to low D1 teams have.  I'm just saying that there are guys throwing 85 and down that are pitching at D1's.

Oh I read the whole thing. Seems to me your point is “you can be a bottom of the roster pitcher on a bad D1 team if you throw mid 80s.”  I don’t think that’s really newsworthy or helpful information. JMO