Skip to main content

Reply to "Questioning how fast to be small D1 pitcher"

Here is the chart I reference in my earlier post from today.

Yes, I know, life is never a straight-line … it is much more like a game of chutes & ladders.  With that said, my little graph will still be very useful in charting my son's annual LHP FB velo measurables against the very best in the country.  Just need to get to 80 mph on his 14th b-day, then add 3 mph each yr for the next four years without injury and without losing his intrinsic motivation to do the hard work - sounds so simple … not.

Back to the data for a final summary … my chart has 183 player data points; when I gathered the data in Dec, 142 (78%) of these players had public college commitments on their player profile.   The list of colleges with 2 or more of these Top 50 LHP commits (over the span of four HS grad yr classes) includes: Virginia (11), Vanderbilt (9), Florida State (6), Georgia (6), Louisiana State (6), Texas Tech (5), Florida (5), Mississippi State (4), Tennessee. Auburn, Boston College, Stanford, South Carolina, Florida Gulf Coast, TCU, Kentucky, Arkansas, North Carolina, Virginia Tech, Stetson, UCLA, Washington, Clemson, Duke, North Carolina State, East Carolina, Ohio State, Alabama, Oklahoma State, Baylor, Louisville, Maryland, Wake Forest, Miami, Michigan, Mississippi.  

Help your son build a compass with the open source data … and you too can fight off the urge to pay for a 14u showcase event ;-).

Top 50 LHP FB Velo

Attachments

Images (1)
  • Top 50 LHP FB Velo
Last edited by mjd-dad