Skip to main content

Reply to "Questionnaire"

If you understand the dynamics of college baseball at many levels, it is money.  A lot of coaches have requirements to be able to draw their salaries that they have to get so many registered in classes to draw their full salaries, almost a sales position.  That is why many teams have jv teams and have 80 plus players.  They will give you a $7,500 scholarship so that you pay $30,000 tuition and they get their cut.  I do not know of a coach who uses questionnaires except to build their email lists and maybe go back to after they are interested for one thing or another rather than asking the player.  I know kids who are attending colleges to "play" baseball that were never seen by the coaching staff.  I know a couple at small schools that never actually talked to the coaching staff before they arrived on campus.  Parents and players were so excited to get to "play" college ball that they could not see the big red flag flying in their face.  One dad said I thought that was the way it was done.  We never met the HS coach before son started tried out so I thought that was the norm.  Do research on every school and every coach.

But let me also say if a coach asks you to fill one out then fill it out.  I just don't know that it does any good to fill one out if not asked other than get you on their email list.   If interested, send an email directly to HC and RC.  Not one to both but 2 individual ones to each.

Last edited by PitchingFan