Skip to main content

Reply to "Questions about early commits"

In essence, 9 guys per class or 6.8 per class getting money.  When you look at it, you look at who is also being recruited in that class for what positions.  I think it is vital to know where you fit.  When my son was deciding on Tennessee, we looked at school, coaches, competition that will be in program (those in years before him) and those in his class.  There are four other LHP for sure in his recruiting class and 8 others that will be there when he gets there unless they add juco or some leave.  Will you be able to play or is the water to full was a major question.  Some P5 schools showed interest that were too full already with LHP that it would be a battle just to compete for playing time much less starting.  Again, what are you looking for?  You will never fully know until you are there and get a feel for it. 

I say recruiting is like dating.  YOu have to trust the other person.  Once you find the one you like then commit.  Until then.  Keep going out until you find the right one.  Just know that until you say I do (NLI) the other person can break your heart by breaking up with you.  And divorce is always an option for some.  Even if it is not your fault.  The Bible says God hates divorce.  I say because of what it does to the people He loves.  It is the same in recruiting.  When a school lets a player go it hurts everyone or when a player transfers, it hurts everyone.

Last edited by PitchingFan