Skip to main content

Reply to "Questions for staff during visit"

Please be sure to ask about what the academic support is available for your kid. If there is a faculty liason for the team, be sure to meet with them and ask for granular details on academic support, exactly when your kid should start asking for help and whom/who should he speak to given the insane amount of redundancy there is in college advising and sometimes lack poor communication between the different Depts. Sadly the pandemic made things worse imo. This is one area parents should be actively involved early then let up once the kid can demonstrate they can manage the academic side. My kid learned a hard lesson as did mom and I, and it was too late to fix a problem that resulted in a withdrawn class rather than a drop then add. He is still eligible to play and can graduate on time with a more aggressive scheduling in the next 3 years, but the stress from this drama in the fall did greatly affect his overall experience. I just want to make sure parents are aware and prepare for this.